Graduation Year: 2015
Hometown: Edmonds, WA
Current Residence: San Francisco, CA
Major at Santa Clara: Public Health Major, Triple Minor in Biology, Sociology, & Religious Studies
Occupation: Doctoral Student at UC Berkeley
Favorite memory from Santa Clara
- Being involved in Associated Student Government!
Extracurricular activities while a student at SCU
- NCAA Division I Cross Country & Track, Athlete & Captain (4 years)
- Associated Student Government SCU, Class Governor (3 years)
- SCU Athletics Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, Student Representative (2 years)
- Ignatian Center for Jesuit Education, Arrupe Intern (2 years)
- SCU Athletics, Marketing Intern (1 year)
- Residential Learning Community Association, RLCA Event Coordinator (1 year)
My hobbies and interests
- Trail running and hiking
Things I am good at...
- Community building
Expertise that I have acquired in my life and career that I bring to my term of service on the SCU Alumni Board
- Since graduating from Santa Clara, I have continued my higher education in public health, earning my Masters from Stanford University School of Medicine, and now a current doctoral student at UC Berkeley. It was my Jesuit education and diverse coursework that challenged me to think critically about different perspectives on social issues, and has ultimately led me to my career in researching the intersections of public health and social & racial justice. I think my professional experience focused on equity and racial justice offers unique experience that I can bring to the SCU Alumni Board and serve as a champion for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, which would contribute to Goal 5 from the Integrated Strategic Plan.