Letter from the President
Dear Santa Clara Alumni Family,
I am Ryan Joy, proud member of the Class of 2000. For 2018-19, I am honored to serve as president of Santa Clara University’s Alumni Association Board of Directors, which represents over 100,000 undergraduate and graduate alumni in all 50 states and more than 120 countries around the world. With a new University President to be named and the public launch of SCU’s comprehensive capital campaign, the year ahead promises to be exciting. As such, the Alumni Board is enthusiastic and committed to implementing the Association’s vision of inspiring our alumni, supporting our University, and bettering our world.
This year we ambitiously set out to fulfill our commitment of achieving one million points of alumni engagement during the next four years. With the support of those who came before and in conjunction with the Alumni Relations Office, we start this journey with a focus on:
- Spirit, Pride, History, and Tradition: We will reinforce a culture of commitment to our alma mater and accelerate our efforts to deepen our sense of school spirit and pride in our history and traditions.
- One Family: With graduate and international alumni comprising 47% of our population, we aim to strengthen our engagement of all alumni in the Santa Clara family.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We will affirm the value of all members of the SCU family and pursue new programs to connect with alumni of different cultures, as well as those with diverse identities, affinities, and interests.
- Professional Connections: We will create valuable relationships with alumni around industry-based knowledge sharing and network-building programs.
- Alumni Stories:We are a community of diverse, interesting, and caring individuals living the University’s mission with compassion, competence, and conscience. With pride we will highlight and share our collective stories.
As alumni, we are lifelong stakeholders in our University. Whether you live close or just want to remain close to SCU, your Alumni Association Board of Directors encourages you to stay connected. Visit campus, attend an event in your area, watch a career webinar, join a geographic, identity, or industry group, check out our Online Classroom, and join any of our online communities.
We’re confident you’ll find many ways to engage with SCU and your fellow alumni as we strive to stay surprisingly relevant and wildly useful in your life.
Once a Bronco, Always a Bronco,
Ryan Joy ‘00
Alumni Association Board of Directors