Professor, Information Systems & Analytics
Dr. Andy Tsay is Professor of Business and Analytics, in the department of Information Systems & Analytics (ISA) in the Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University, where he teaches primarily in the MBA and Executive MBA programs for the working professionals of Silicon Valley. He served as Department Chair from 2010-2017.
He earned his Ph.D. at Stanford University's Graduate School of Business in Operations, Information & Technology. He also holds degrees from Stanford in Engineering (MS) and Mathematical & Computational Science (BS).
Dr. Tsay has expertise in analytics and quantitative modeling. He studies the management of heavily outsourced global supply chains (e.g., electronics, apparel, food), with attention to complexity and conflicts of interest. His recent work focuses on how to make supply chains more resilient to disruptions, such as due to COVID-19 or trade wars.
He has been interviewed extensively in the global media, by outlets such as The New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle, ABC News, CBS News, Voice of America, China Central Television (CCTV), China Radio International (CRI), and China Daily. He has consulted for large firms as well as startups in Silicon Valley and China.
In 2007 the Production & Operations Management Society (POMS) recognized Dr. Tsay with the Wickham Skinner Award for Teaching Innovation. POMS is the premier international professional society for the study and practice of Operations Management, with more than 2,000 members in 60 countries. One such award is given each year.
He has more than 35 professional publications in leading academic journals such as Management Science, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production & Operations Management, Interfaces, Journal of Retailing, and Journal of Supply Chain Management, and practitioner periodicals such as Supply Chain Management Review. He serves in senior leadership positions for several of these journals (see bottom of this page). Download Dr. Tsay's publications here.
His publications have been cited more than 6500 times (according to Google Scholar). He is the lead author of two of the Top Ten Most Cited publications in the 20-year history of the Manufacturing & Service Operations Management journal (out of 655 total publications, reported Jan 2020).
He is an eight-time recipient of the Leavey School of Business Dean's Award for Extraordinary Performance in Research, Teaching, and Service. He has won dozens of other school-level awards.
Additional current and past professional roles:
- Associate Editor (focus area: Operations and Supply Chain Management), Management Science, journal published by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Editorial Review Board, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, journal published by INFORMS
- Senior Editor (focus area: Supply Chain Management), Production & Operations Management, journal published by the Production & Operations Management Society (POMS)
- Associate Editor, Decision Sciences, journal published by the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)
- Associate Editor, IIE Transactions on Scheduling and Logistics, journal published by the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) (In 2016 the organization name changed to the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE) and the journal name became IISE Transactions)
- Senior Research Fellow, Value Chain Innovation Initiative, Stanford University
聖他克拉大學 商科教授 蔡安達
圣他克拉大学 商科教授 蔡安达