The ACE Leadership Program application process for Winter 2020 is now closed. The recruitment process for the class of 2024 will occur during Winter 2021.
The process includes an essay application and interview process. While the application process is competitive, we encourage students to apply for the program and demonstrate how participation in the program will support their development. If you have questions, please contact Brenda Versteeg, Director, Professional Development and Social Justice.
Students must meet the following criteria to apply to the ACE Leadership Program:
- Enrolled in the Leavey School of Business
- Have a 3.5 cumulative GPA from Fall 2019
- Be a current first year student planning to graduate in 2023
2020 Application Timeline for the Class of 2023
January 2020 - Applications available online for students invited to apply
February 11, 2020 - Information session hosted at 8 pm in Lucas Hall 126. Attendance is not required to apply for program.
February 26, 2020 - Information session hosted at 4 pm, Room TBD. Attendance is not required to apply for program
March 2, 2020 - Application due by noon
April 1-8, 2020 - Interview week. Selected candidates notified by email about interview times at the beginning of Spring Quarter.
April 27, 2020 - Final participants selected and announced
May 2020 - Program Orientation
Students who are selected to participate will be invited to a welcome reception held May 2020.
Helpful Hints for the Application Process
- Review and proofread your application for typos.
- Write about something from your unique perspective. Example: Networking is an important skill, but why is it important to you and your future career path?
- Practice interviewing with a friend. The Career Center has terrific resources on interview preparation.