Santa Clara University Journalism Awards
Each year, the Journalism Program in the Communication Department at Santa Clara University and The Santa Clara, the university’s award-winning student newspaper, honor the best in high school journalism. Awards are presented in the News, Features, and Sports categories. They are judged by SCU journalism faculty and the editors at The Santa Clara. The contest is open to any high school student, and entries must be published in a print or online venue associated with a high school. Work that appears in a professional publication is not accepted.
Click here to see a list of past winners.
June 1, 2018
For stories completed May 2017 — May 2018
• Applicants must be full-time high school students during the 2017-2018 academic year.
• One entry per person for each category.
• Editorials, reviews, and personal essays are not accepted.
• All stories should include original reporting and research.
• Stories must be at least 200 words in length.
• No more than ten total stories from an individual high school.
• A 1st Place Award will be presented in each of the three categories: News, Features, and Sports.
• At the discretion of the judges, finalists may be named.
• The judges reserve the right not to present an award.
All entries must be uploaded as a PDF to the online entry form below. If an entry is mailed to Santa Clara University, it will not be accepted. Email entries with attachments are not accepted.
Contact Gordon Young at email@example.com for more information.