This year's business pitch competition will take place virtually on Friday, May 15th. Finalists will participate in a series of online workshops with industry professionals leading up to the event to practice and improve their pitches. SCU students of all majors are encouraged to apply for a spot in the competition!
Rules and Regulations:
- Teams must include at least 2 active members
- All SCU students are welcome to participate
- The proposed business should be fundable and for-profit
- The proposed business plan/pitch should not be in violation of any IP rights
Criteria for Scoring:
- Quality of the product(s), service(s), and/or solution(s)
- Market opportunities and competition
- Is the business fundable?
- Overall attractiveness of the venture
- Quality of the pitch/presentation
- Social benefit aspects (if applicable)
Quick Links and References:
- Competition link: - View the entire competition recorded live here.
- Competition Logistics and Background - Recording providing competition information and FAQs
Hosted by Marina Masini, Program Director, Ciocca Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Elements of a Business Pitch - Defining memorable business pitches
Hosted by Morgan Slain, Director, Bronco Venture Accelerator
- BVA Demo Day - Pitch examples from Bronco Venture Accelerator's inaugural cohort
- How to Pitch in a Virtual Environment - Hosted by Mike Kovalich, Silicon Valley CFO and Victor Darolfi, Founder RoboTire and BVA alum