Skip to main content


Frequently Asked Questions

Check our application requirements page for everything you need to submit as an applicant.

You should submit letters from 2 different sources. Letters can be emailed to directly from your reference, or if mailed directly by the applicant, the recommendation must be sealed and signed by the recommender across the flap. Letters must address academic and/or professional qualifications (not just personal character) and may not be from family or friends.

Students may transfer up to 9-quarter units of graduate-level (post-baccalaureate) coursework from other accredited institutions. Courses to be considered for transfer must have been completed within five years of the initial enrollment date in the School of Education and Counseling Psychology. Transferred credits only apply to the specific course for which the exemption is sought. For more information and for the process for consideration, please refer to the current Graduate Bulletin & Handbook.

Once your application is complete, and you've completed the online application and all the required materials have been sent in (e.g., transcripts), it is reviewed by a committee and you will be notified by email.

Yes, there are several good sources:

Please check your online checklist as that is updated at least every other day.

Yes. However, please note that once you submit your online application, you will have the ability to track the status of your admission requirements and documents through the online checklist.

Yes, please email  to defer your enrollment.  You may defer for up to one year.

In your admit packet/email, there are a list of courses for you to sign up for as a new student. Please choose from this list only and you will be able to meet with an advisor during Orientation or once courses begin.

A new application is required online and 1 additional letter of recommendation. If you completed within the past 5 years, we will have all your documentation on file. If you completed more than 5 years ago, then you will need to re-submit all required documentation.

The typical student has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in his or her undergraduate coursework.


This is correct, we no longer require students to submit GRE scores with their application.

Check your eCampus account for 24/7 access to track the progress of your application materials and admissions status. If you have trouble with your eCampus account or forgot your password? Visit the the main eCampus web site.

Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. The School of Education and Counseling Psychology offers Tuition Scholarships and Endowed Scholarships. In addition, students can apply for federal loans by completing the FAFSA.Look over our Financial Aid and Scholarship page to find out more.

No. All you need to do is to complete the ECP Tuition Scholarship Application. If you are a current student, you will need to complete the application by June 15th for the following academic year. If you are a new applicant, submit your ECP Tuition Scholarship Application when you apply. Check the Financial Aid and Scholarships page for specific deadlines.

However, if you want to be eligible for Federal loans, you need to complete the FAFSA.