As an SCU student you have access to a myriad of opportunities for learning abroad as well as intercultural experiences on campus.
Programs abroad range from short-term experiencesduring the summer to community based learning opportunities during breaks to full quarter or semester study abroad. Opportunities for learning abroad are available to students in all majors and fields of study and many are deeply embedded in the curriculum. Programs are offered in every School and College, and through our Centers of Distinction as well as Study Abroad.
On study abroad programs students participate in our RIISE model, engaging in Research, Internships, Intensive Language, Study with Locals or Engagement in Community.
Many students pursue multiple global experiences while at SCU which might explain why so many of our students successfully live, work, study and pursue fellowships overseas after they graduate.Students Participating in Multiple Programs: Planning for Visas
Students are encouraged to look into the visa application process very early on while applying. Every country has different rules and regulations regarding visa, and some applications can take up to six months.
Study and Research Abroad
SCU offers a multitude of programs and activities for undergraduate and graduate students from all fields to pursue learning.
Undergraduate Student Opportunities
- Donovan Summer Fellowship
- Engineering Senior Design Projects Abroad
- Engineers Without Borders
- Food and Agribusiness Institute Programs
- Global Social Benefit Fellows Program
- Global Medical Brigades | SCU Chapter (view in OrgSync)
- Ignatian Center Immersions
- Leavey School of Business Global Fellows
- Study Abroad
Graduate Student Opportunities
- SCU Law School, Center for Global Law and Policy Externships Abroad
- SCU Law School, Center for Global Law and Policy Semester Abroad
- SCU Law School, Center for Global Law and Policy Summer Abroad
- CIEE Teach Abroad
- National Geographic Young Explorers Grants
- World Learning Advancing Leaders Fellowship
- SCU Fellowships Office