Planning Action Council
The general purpose of the Planning Action Council is to promote, coordinate, and oversee planning at the University level. It attempts to link the University's programs and services with its mission, markets, and resources. In meeting the challenges of external as well as the internal environment, it strives to display and foster strategic thinking, timely action, effective implementation, and adequate communication.
The Planning Action Council makes its recommendations to the President, the senior administrator overseeing planning at the University level.
The Planning Action Council's charge is to:
1. Oversee the development and revision of the University’s Strategic Plan and work to advance its initiatives.
2. Oversee and monitor the plans of major academic and administrative units to implement the University Strategic Plan.
3. Coordinate the work of other groups involved in planning and integrate their products into a coherent set of action plans.
4. Identify strategic issues and options through ongoing analysis of the University's internal strengths and weaknesses in relation to its external opportunities and threats.
5. Prepare and periodically update planning assumptions to guide planning.
6. Ascertain the need for outside planning expertise and retain consultants as appropriate.
7. Promote continuous assessment and benchmarking of planning efforts.
8. Ensure adequate communication about planning issues and processes with the University community.
- Michael Engh, S.J., President, Chair
- Dennis Jacobs, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Michael Crowley, Vice President, Finance and Administration
- James Lyons, Vice President, University Relations
- Michael Sexton, Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Lisa Kloppenberg, Dean, School of Law
- Sabrina Zirkel, Dean, School of Education and Counseling Psychology
- Caryn Beck-Dudley, Dean, Leavey School of Business
- Kevin O'Brien, S.J., Dean, Jesuit School of Theology
- Alfonso Ortega, Dean, School of Engineering
- Debbie Tahmassebi, Dean, Arts & Sciences
- Chris Bacon, Environmental Studies and Sciences, 2017-20
- Dale Larson, Counseling Psychology, 2018-21
- Naomi Levy, Political Science, 2017-20
- Sally Wood, Electrical Engineering, 2018-21
Staff Support: Anne McMahon