The purpose of the University Budget Council (UBC) is to develop the annual macro budget in the context of long-range financial planning.
The University Budget Council makes its recommendations to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the senior administrator overseeing the development of the University's annual operating and capital budgets.
The University Budget Council's charge is to:
1. Prepare the annual macro budget for approval by the President prior to final approval by the Board of Trustees.
2. Ensure that the annual budget represents all major revenues and expenditures, is balanced, and is consistent with long-range financial projections based on careful analysis of program, enrollment, market, compensation, and other relevant trends.
3. Prepare and periodically update assumptions to guide financial planning.
4. Review and refine financial projections and planning scenarios developed by the Budget Office.
5. Ensure that adequate communication about budgetary issues and procedures occurs within the University community.
- Michael Crowley, Vice President, Finance and Administration, Chair
- Dennis Jacobs, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- James Lyons, Vice President, University Relations
- TBD, University Budget Director
- Ed Ryan, Vice Provost for Planning & Institutional Effectiveness
- Mike Sexton, Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Jessica Matsumori, Associate Vice President, Finance
- Jane Curry, Faculty Senate President-elect, 2018-19
- Andrew Chai, Staff Senate President-elect, 2018-19
- Michael Kevane, Economics, 2018-21
- Brian Moon, Information Technology, 2018-21
- Debbie Tahmassebi, Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, 2018-19
- John Ottoboni (Chief Operating Officer, non-voting participant)
- Lucy Haro (Assistant Budget Director, non-voting participant)
- Soniya Patel (Assistant Provost, Finance and Administration, non-voting participant)
- Ramona Sauter (Controller, non-voting participant)