University Budget Council
The purpose of the University Budget Council (UBC) is to develop the annual macro budget in the context of long-range financial planning.
The University Budget Council makes its recommendations to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the senior administrator overseeing the development of the University's annual operating and capital budgets.
The University Budget Council's charge is to:
1. Prepare the annual macro budget for approval by the President prior to final approval by the Board of Trustees.
2. Ensure that the annual budget represents all major revenues and expenditures, is balanced, and is consistent with long-range financial projections based on careful analysis of program, enrollment, market, compensation, and other relevant trends.
3. Prepare and periodically update assumptions to guide financial planning.
4. Review and refine financial projections and planning scenarios developed by the Budget Office.
5. Ensure that adequate communication about budgetary issues and procedures occurs within the University community.
- Michael Crowley, Vice President, Finance and Administration, Chair
- Dennis Jacobs, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Ed Ryan, Vice Provost for Planning & Institutional Effectiveness
- James Lyons, Vice President, University Relations
- Mike Sexton, Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Harry Fong, Associate Vice President, Finance
- Joe McCarthy, University Budget Director
- S. Kate Wilson, Faculty Senate President-elect, 2017-18
- Melissa Brotherton, Staff Senate President, 2017-18
- Caryn Beck-Dudley, Dean, School of Business, 2017-18
- Hersh Shefrin, Finance, 2015-18
- Lucy Haro (Assistant Budget Director & non-voting participant)