About the Honors Program
The University Honors Programs provides Santa Clara's most able students with intellectual opportunities based in small, seminar-style classes. With no more than 17 students each, seminars emphasize analytical rigor, effective expression, and interaction among professors and students. In the classroom and elsewhere on campus, students enjoy a level of collaboration exceptional even at Santa Clara.
The course of study combines broadly based, liberal learning with depth of specialization in a major field. Honors Program classes are designed to fit within the curricula of the humanities, natural and social sciences, business, and engineering. Possible majors include every undergraduate field in the university.
Honors Program students participate fully in campus life. They enroll in many regular-session classes, live in the residence halls, and join in co-curricular and service activities.
Faithful to the university's history and identity, the University Honors Program welcomes students from diverse geographic, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. All are young men and women blessed with rare potential for responsible leadership in their communities and professions.
Two SCU Students Awarded Goldwater "Honorable Mention" in 2017 Competition!
"The Goldwater is the most prestigious undergraduate scholarship in the natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering in America"
Delaney Gray (University Honors Program)
Field of Study: BioEngineering
Career Goal: genetic diseases or personalized medicine
Mentor: Dr. Leilani Miller
Field of Study: Biochemistry and Biology
Career Goal: design of pain medications, focusing on improving targeted drug delivery while working in a national laboratory.
Mentors: Dr. Grace Stokes, Dr. Janice Edgerly-Rooks
SCU is a Fulbright Top Producer for Fourth Year in a Row! Four SCU Students Won Fulbright Awards in 2016!
Lindsey Allen '16 (Research in Morocco)
Clara Cushing '16 (English Teaching Assistant in Czech Republic)
Sean Reilly '16 (Research in Australia) -- University Honors student
Stephanie Goodman '15 (Research in Ghana)
SCU Honors Student Chosen For Inaugural Class of Schwarzman Scholars
Jesse Caemmerer '14
SCU Honors Student Wins Prestigious Udall Scholarship
Déjà Thomas '17
UHP Events – Spring 2018
Monday, April 23, 2018 (Seniors ONLY)
- MANDATORY Senior Poster Workshop/Final Thesis Meeting: (tentative) 6-7 pm, Daly 207
- attendance at either this meeting OR the 4/24 meeting is REQUIRED
Tuesday, April 24, 2018 (Seniors ONLY)
- MANDATORY Senior Poster Workshop/Final Thesis Meeting: 6-7 pm, Daly 206
- attendance at either this meeting OR the 4/23 meeting is REQUIRED
Monday, May 7 (Juniors ONLY)
- MANDATORY Junior Meeting: 6-7 pm, Daly 207
- attendance at either this meeting or the 5/8 meeting is REQUIRED
Tuesday, May 8 (Juniors ONLY)
- MANDATORY Junior Meeting: 6-7 pm, Daly 206
- attendance at either this meeting or the 5/7 meeting is REQUIRED
Monday, May 21 (10 students chosen by lottery)
- President's Reading Series Dinner: 6-7:30 pm
Wednesday, May 23
- Research With a Mission (Senior Poster Session): 2:30-4:30 pm, Locatelli
Wednesday, May 23 (Seniors ONLY)
- Senior Dinner: 6-8 pm, Benson Center Williman Room