Santa Clara University offers comprehensive health care and insurance benefits designed to promote and sustain good health for you and your family, help cushion financial obligations associated with illness or death, and assist in building a retirement income.
This summary provides a high-level overview of many of the key benefits valued by SCU faculty.
Refer to your Handbook for more information.
Retirement Plan Changes
Retirement plans now include a self-directed brokerage account option and a reduction of the core number of investments plan platforms.Plan Changes
California Voluntary Disability
- 2017 SCU - CVP Employee Memorandum
- 2017 SCU - CVP Plan Document
- 2017 SCU - CVP Statement of Coverage
- CBIZ FSA Information
- CBIZ Consumer Portal QuickStart Guide
- CBIZ Dependent Care Account Information
- CBIZ SCU Transit Plan Election and Change Form
- CBIZ Transit FSA Overview
- CBIZ FSA How to File a Claim
- CBIZ Medical Flexible Spending Account FAQ's
- CBIZ Take Care Debit Card
- CBIZ Take Care Debit Card FAQ's
Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Lumenos FAQs
- Blue Cross Care and Acupuncture Rider Plan
- Anthem HMO Silver Benefit Summary
- Anthem HMO Gold Benefit Summary
- Anthem HMO Rx Benefit Summary
- Anthem PPO HSA Benefit Summary
- 2017 Anthem Gold HMO EOC
- 2017 Anthem Silver HMO EOC
- 2017 Anthem HSA EOC
- 2017 SCU Life AD&D EOC - Non-Union
- 2017 SCU Life AD&D EOC - Union
- 2017 SCU Option Life EOC
- 2017 SCU Vision EOC
- Evidence of Coverage Update Notice
- Kaiser HMO Silver Benefit Summary
- Kaiser HMO Gold Benefit Summary
- Kaiser HMO Silver SBC
- Kaiser HMO Gold SBC
- 2017 Kaiser HMO Gold EOC
- 2017 Kaiser HMO Silver EOC
ACA, IRS Form 1095-C
SCU offers its employees multiple leave options.
The University provides leaves of absence to enable employees to attend to personal and professional obligations, and for periods of disability. All requests for leaves should be submitted to the Department of Human Resources for processing and approval. Managers should direct any employee requests for leave to Benefits in the Department of Human Resources.
Need to File an FMLA/ PFL / STD / LTD Claim?
In an effort to improve the processing time and simplify the claims experience for employees, Santa Clara University has contracted with Matrix Absence Management (Matrix), a division of Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company, to administer the Short Term Disability (STD)/Paid Family Leave, Long Term Disability (LTD) and Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) programs.
Read the Matrix Leave of Absence Brochure.
Refer the employee to Benefits in the Department of Human Resources. Notify the Benefits office of the request. Provide the name of the employee and the nature of the request.
Your Benefits Team
Manager of Benefits
As Manager of Benefits, Lorraine is responsible for the management and administration of the University’s benefit programs.
Senior Benefits Specialist
As a Senior Benefits Specialist, Jonna provides support for daily interactions and transactions with faculty, staff, and vendor/providers regarding benefits provided by the University.