Student Employment Information for SCU International Students
The steps listed below are intended to illustrate the general steps involved in obtaining an on-campus job.
Step 1: New Hire OnBoarding Paperwork Process
- Log in to Workday to access New Hire Onboarding Paperwork (Note: Make sure the department has already hired you in Workday)
- Please have the following original documents with you to verify your I-9 (Note: Student Employment will contact you via e-mail once your Onboarding Documents are completed:
- Passport & Social Security Number (If you do not have a SSN please proceed to Step 2 & Step 3.) If you have received your SSN from the Social Security Office proceed to Step 4.
*You are NOT eligible to work until all of your new hire paperwork is completed.
Step 2: Request a Letter of Intent to Hire
- Please request a "Letter of Intent to Hire" from your hiring Department and submit this to the Global Engagement Office for a SSN request (located on the first floor of Varsi Hall).
*This is not required for J-1 students.
Step 3: Obtaining a SSN
- Take the "Letter of Intent to Hire” to the Global Engagement Office, where they will be able to assist you in requesting a SSN to complete your new hire paperwork.
- Once you have obtained your SSN please return to HR to complete your new hire paperwork.
*All employees paid by Santa Clara University must have a valid Social Security Number.
Step 4: I-9 Verification
- Once you have completed the Onboarding Documents the Student Employment office will contact you to stop by the HR Office to complete the I-9 verification.
For additional information on student employment related guidelines and policies, please refer to the Student Employment Policy and Procedures Manual .