Interlibrary Loan (ILL) FAQ
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a free service for SCU students, faculty, and staff provided by the Library to obtain books, magazine or journal articles, conference proceedings, dissertations, and other research materials not available on-campus.
For faster access to physical books & media, the Library offers courier-based resource sharing of library materials via LINK+.
How do I use ILL?
- Login to your interlibrary loan account and choose a New Request type from the Main Menu.
- Complete the form, remembering to change the Not Wanted After Date if necessary.
- Click Submit.
Soon after you have placed your request, you will receive an email message with an estimated time of arrival.
How long do requests take?
- Electronic delivery takes 1-3 days. Many recently published articles can be supplied within 1-48 hours.
- Mail delivery takes 7-15 days. Books, proceedings, dissertations, and some articles not available electronically will come through the mail.
- Every effort is made to obtain resources in less than 15 days. However, some requests may take longer to arrive.