Food & Drink Policy
The Food and Drink Policy is designed to protect the Library's materials, equipment, and facilities. As the outdoor arcade was designed as the building space to enjoy eating while studying or meeting with friends, only beverages in closed or covered containers and snack food items are permitted in most areas of the building.
- Acceptable beverage containers are those with lids, including pop-top cans. Lids should be kept on bottles and containers when not in use.
- Unacceptable beverage containers are those without lids, such as open coffee mugs and disposable coffee cups without lids.
- Acceptable food items might include chips, cookies, candy, granola bars, and health bars.
- Unacceptable food items include hot entrees, burgers, pizza, sandwiches, salads, burritos, or other messy items.
Food and beverages are not permitted in the following areas:
- Archives & Special Collections
- Near photocopiers, printers, and microfilm readers
Food and beverages are discouraged in the Book Stacks and other areas housing library materials.