2018 - 2019 Juniors & Seniors
Unique on-campus living opportunities await...
The housing application for 2018 - 2019 Juniors & Seniors is available January 24th, 2018! Complete your application by Friday, February 9th!!
Due to limited space, we are only able to offer University Villas Regular Singles, Casa & Sobrato Apartment Singles, and Casa Designed Singles.
2018 - 2019 Junior & Senior Housing Application
- The on-campus housing application for 2018-2019 Juniors & Seniors is completed via your eCampus account by selecting the Housing Portal. Therefore, in order to submit a Housing Application, you'll need your eCampus login and password.
- Of course, you'll also need access to the internet; we have found that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the optimal web browsers to use when completing the housing application.
- A $250 pre-payment deposit; deposits can ONLY be paid using a debit or credit card. Obtaining a waiver for the pre-payment deposit is not available.
- Before beginning a housing application, you should confirm if you will apply as an individual or if you will apply with a group of other students.
- If you apply as an individual you will need to create an Individual Profile in order to go through the room selection process.
- If you apply as a member of a group, one member of the group will need to create a Group Profile and all other members of the group will need to connect their application to this Group Profile. Details about creating a Group Profile as well as how to add a Group Profile to your application are available in the video demo.
- Make sure that you and all the members of your group complete the housing application by February 9, 2018.
- If you are applying to live in a Neighborhood Unit, your entire application group will need to attend four Off-Campus Housing Orientation (OCHO) programs by January 24th, 2018. Housing requires all Neighborhood Unit applicants to attend four OCHO programs by January 24th, 2018. If you previously attended OCHO programs, they will count for the Neighborhood Unit application process. The OCHO requirement is an effort to further educate our students and set our students up for a successful off-campus living experience. Failure to attend four OCHO programs by January 24th, 2017 will result in the cancellation of your 2018-2019 NU housing contract. Required OCHO Programs are How to be a good neighbor, You and the law, Leases and landlords, & Educated Partiers.
Typically Juniors & Seniors reside within Nobili Hall, Sobrato Hall, Casa Italiana, the University Villas and the Neighborhood Units. Before you begin your application, please explore these various living options. Below you'll find a chart of the various rooms types within each building.
We will offer 5-person & 6-person 4-bedroom University Villa Units.
Junior & Senior Living Options Chart
|Apartment Singles||Apartment Doubles||Singles & Doubles||Triples|
|University Villas: 1, 2 & 4 bedroom apartments||University Villas: 4 bedroom apartment||Nobili Hall Doubles & Extended Doubles (w/ bathroom)||Nobili Triples (w/bathroom)|
|Sobrato Hall (Loyola RLC)||Casa Italiana Designed Singles|
|Nobili Hall Singles (w/ bathroom)|
|507 Lafayette: Not Available||529 Lafayette: Available||544 Alviso: Available|
|575 Alviso: Not Available||584 Alviso: Available||671 Franklin: Available|
|775 Bellomy: Available||805 Bellomy: Not Available||857/859 Bellomy: Not Available|
|889 Bellomy: Available||3210 The Alameda: Available|
The deadline to complete the 2018 - 2019 Junior/Senior Housing Application is 11:59PM on Friday, February 9, 2018.
Room Selection for Juniors & Seniors
Confirmation emails of community/building placement will be sent to your scu.edu email address on March 7, 2018.
Room selection for Juniors & Seniors will occur beginning on April 9 through April 13, 2018.
On-Campus Housing (Casa Italiana, Nobili Hall, Sobrato Hall & University Villas)
Once you have been informed of either your individual or your group's building placement, you'll also be given a room selection time and date. Please know that larger groups will go through room selection first.
For example, a 6 member group will go through room selection and be able to select from apartments that have been designated for 6 residents prior to groups consisting of a smaller number of students. By organizing the room selection process in this manner, it prevents a 5 person group from placing themselves in an apartment meant for 6 residents. When it is time for the 5 person groups to go through selection, they'll be placing themselves in 5 person apartments rather than taking up a 6 person apartment which was meant for a larger group and so on. The room selection process continues in this manner until the smallest groups and the applicants who created individual room selection profiles select an apartment and/or room.
Room Selection Dates & Time
|April 9th, 2018||TBD|
|April 10th, 2018||TBD|
|April 11th, 2018||TBD|
|April 12th, 2018||TBD|
|April 13th, 2018||TBD|
Study Abroad Questions
If you plan to study abroad during Fall 2018, there are three available options in which you can hold a space during the term you are abroad. If are planning to apply to live at either the University Villas, Nobili Hall or within a Neighborhood Unit and your roommate agrees to pay the single rate for the Fall 2018 quarter, we'll hold a space within the room for you. When you return for Winter 2019, you and your roommate will each be billed the double rate for the room.
Of course, this scenario can only work in rooms that can be used as both singles and doubles. At the University Villas, during Fall 2018, your roommate is billed the Premium Single rate (the room has either a walk-in closet or attached bathroom). Within the application, both you and your roommate will need to indicate that you have agreed to this arrangement and your roommate will also need to confirm that they understand that they will be billed the single rate for the Fall 2018 quarter.
If you are not applying as a member of a group to live at the University Villas, Nobili Hall or within a Neighborhood Unit, you may still complete a 2018-2019 Housing application. Within the application, you'll want to make sure to indicate you are studying abroad during Fall 2018. In late-October 2018, the Housing Office will contact all students who completed a 2018-2019 housing application and are studying abroad. In the email communication, you will receive in October 2018, the Housing Office would confirm your interest in on-campus housing for Winter & Spring 2019. Once you confirmed your desire to indeed live on campus, the Housing Office would work to find you a space on campus that met your needs. Winter & Spring housing assignment is contingent on the available on-campus spaces.
We suggest that if you are applying to study abroad and have any interest in living on campus upon your return, that you go ahead and complete the 2018-2019 Housing application. If you end up not studying abroad, you'll have more options as it relates to on-campus housing. If you do spend Fall 2018 studying abroad, the Housing Office will hold onto your application and contact you in October 2018 to ascertain your interest in on-campus housing for when you return for Winter & Spring 2019.