Complete your housing application & join us on campus at SCU!
The Housing Application is available on January 8th, 2020 at 9:00AM. Now that you've familiarised yourself with the various Residential Learning Communities at SCU, it's time to begin your application! As a first-year student, complete your application by May 1st and you'll receive priority consideration for your RLC preferences!
What will I need to complete my Housing Application?
- The first-year application is available January 8th, 2020 at 9:00AM. Before beginning your application, you'll want a solid understanding of each of SCU's 9 Residential Learning Communities and how you will rank each in order of your most preferred RLC to your least preferred RLC.
- The on-campus housing application for incoming First-year students is completed via your eCampus account by selecting "Manage Housing." Therefore, in order to submit a Housing Application, you'll need your eCampus login and password.
- Of course, you'll also need access to the Internet; we have found Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the optimal browsers to use when completing your housing application.
- A $450 pre-payment deposit; deposits can ONLY be paid using a debit or credit card. Waivers for the pre-payment deposit are not available.
- You can begin your application, save it, and come back to it at a later date. However, don't forget to submit your application by May 1, 2020 to receive priority consideration for your RLC preferences.
- You can request a roommate on your application but all parties must have an open application to make the mutual request. We do NOT accept roommate requests after May 1, 2020.
- Please note: Due to COVID-19, the deadline to cancel your 2020-2021 housing application and receive a full refund has been extended until June 1st, 2020.
As an incoming first-year student, what are my housing options?
First-year students reside within one of the nine Residential Learning Communities. Prior to beginning your application, please explore each of the RLCs so you are well informed when listing your RLC preferences. Below you'll find a chart of the various room types within each residence hall/RLC.
First-Year Student Living Options Chart
|Standard Double Rooms||Suite Doubles & Singles||Mini-Suite Doubles, Mini-Suite Triples||Suite Triples||Extended Triples|
|Campisi Hall - Communitas RLC||Casa Italiana - da Vinci RLC (only suite doubles; no suite singles)||Graham Hall (Alpha RLC)||Swig Hall - Cyphi RLC||McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC|
|Dunne Hall - Modern Perspectives RLC||Sobrato Hall - Loyola RLC (suite doubles & suite singles)||Finn Hall (Cura RLC)||McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC||Dunne Hall - Modern Perspectives RLC|
|McLaughlin-Walsh Hall - Unity RLC|
|Sanfilippo Hall - Xavier RLC|
|Swig Hall - CyPhi RLC|
How are RLC placements made and when will I find out my RLC placement?
RLC preferences are extracted from applications and a placement into one of your preferences is made. Additional factors that influence RLC preference placements include:
If you submit your SCU on-campus housing application after May 1, 2020, your housing assignment will be made based on the available housing spaces.
You'll learn your RLC placement while you're on campus for new student orientation in July 2020.